The COM Nursing Program launched with Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program classes in 1972.
The ADN Program prepares graduates to be registered nurses:
- Full-Time Pre-Licensure Track (for students who are not licensed vocational nurses)
- Part-Time Pre-Licensure Track (for students who are not licensed vocational nurses)
- LVN-RN Transition Track (for students who are licensed vocational nurses)
Today the nursing program boast graduates employed at facilities across the state including Texas Children’s Hospital, Clear Lake Regional Hospital, University of Texas-Medical Branch and Memorial Hermann.
The COM Nursing Program helps each student succeed through:
- Interactive labs
- Faculty mentors for each student
- Group and individual tutoring at no cost
- Clinical rotations at state-of-the-art facilities