ATLANTA — SkillPointe, the leading resource for skills-based career exploration, training and job opportunities that do not require a four-year degree, announced the release of their first e-book, “Let’s Celebrate Skills-Based Careers.” This guide covers critical challenges facing our economy and higher education, and proposes attractive alternatives to four-year college degrees.
Consider these critical facts:
• 30 million jobs in the U.S. do not require a four-year degree but pay $55,000 or more.
• In 2021, 2.6 million skills-based jobs are available, and that number is expected to grow annually.
• Student loan debt is a staggering $1.7 trillion.
• The four-year graduation rate at public colleges is only 33.3%.
• 45% of four-year college grads are un- and under-employed.
SkillPointe Founder Todd Wilson says, “We are facing a national crisis of growing workforce shortages in many skills-based industries. At the same time, many four-year college students are leaving early without any credentials or certifications that would help them secure a better future. That’s an opportunity for students as well as their families, educators and career advisors to learn more about faster, more affordable pathways to rewarding, good-paying careers. That’s why we created this critical guide — to start a national dialogue that is long overdue.”
In this free e-book, those thinking about skilled trades can learn more about:
• Why a four-year college degree may not be the best option for everyone.
• The best skilled trade careers that are in demand and growing fast
• Fast-track training options at high schools, community colleges and trade schools
• Unique scholarship opportunities for students entering skilled trade training programs
• Attractive apprentice programs with leading employers
• Career assessment tools
Download your free copy of our Skilled Trade Career Guide.